After several tiring days that leave you exhausted and your hair dull and undernourished, one of the best things that you can do for yourself is a hair spa. That will definitely help you relax and feel good.
However, going to a salon might not always be the best option. But do not worry because there are a few DIY hair spa treatments that you can do at home to get back your strong and healthy hair!
Hair Spa Treatment with Bananas
- Mash one ripe banana in a blender and add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Keep the mixture aside as you prepare to steam your hair.
- For steaming, take a large pot of hot water and lean over it. Cover your hair with a towel and let the steam settle for ten minutes.
- Gently massage the banana and olive oil mixture onto your hair and let it sit for about half an hour.
- Wash it off with cold water and use shampoo.
Try this hair spa twice a week to have healthy and smooth hair. Bananas contain potassium, vitamins and natural oils that make hair stronger and reduces split ends.
Hair Spa Treatment with Avocados
- Take out the flesh of ripe avocado and mash it well to make a paste that is free of lumps.
- Massage this paste onto your hair, and make sure that you massage from the roots to the tips.
- Now, steam your hair for ten minutes by leaning over a pot of hot water and covering your head with a towel to allow the steam to settle in your hair.
- Wait for another twenty minutes before washing your hair with lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo.
Avocados are a rich source of fatty oils and this mask when applied once a week, nourishes dry and damaged hair.
Hair Spa Treatment with Eggs and Coconut Oil
- Whisk one whole egg with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and set the mixture aside.
- Steam your hair for ten minutes over a large pot of boiling water, covering your head with a towel.
- Once the steam has settled in your hair, apply the mask all over and let it sit for twenty minutes.
- Wash your hair using cold water and shampoo.
Coconut oil is an old favorite that nourishes all types of hair. Try this DIY spa once a week and since eggs are rich in proteins, this mask will help your hair grow longer and stronger than before.
Hair Spa Treatment with Honey
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- While your hair is still damp, apply a quarter cup of honey all over and leave it for about fifteen minutes.
- Using cold water, rinse and shampoo your hair.
You will not need to do this treatment too often. It can be done once in every two weeks and honey being an emollient will retain moisture and your hair will not become frizzy.