As they say, invest in your hair. It is a crown you never take off!
So, how are you doing with your hair? Are you shampooing them right? Or, like most of us, are you also confused between moisturizing, smoothing, volumizing, curling and straightening shampoos?
Matching a shampoo with your hair can be quite a troublesome task. But, let us make it easy for you!
But, before we delve deeper, let’s understand the basic difference between a shampoo, soap and a conditioner.
Shampoo vs. Soap vs. Conditioner
Shampoo and conditioner belong to the same ballpark. However, applying soap to your hair is a big no-no.
- Since soap is made up of fatty acids, it is quite difficult to remove from the hair strands. It often sticks to the root of your hair, making it tangled, hard and rough.
- A shampoo is the best product if you want to wash your hair. A shampoo is like a detergent, easily washable. Also, it removes the excess oil from the scalp.
- As the name suggests, a conditioner replenishes your hair with necessary minerals and oils, thus helping them recover from everyday damage due to pollution and chemicals.
Now that the basic concept is clear, how should you select the best shampoo?
Selecting the Best Shampoo
Simply put, an ideal shampoo should wash your hair, remove extra oil from the scalp and should keep your hair well-hydrated. Here are a few pointers which you should keep in mind while buying a shampoo:
- Are your hairs dry or oily?
How well do you know your hair? It is necessary for you to know your hair type. Once you are done, you can move on to choose a particular brand of shampoo.
- Are your hairs colored?
If you like to color your hair, then it is highly recommended to choose a shampoo that would secure their color. Using a shampoo meant especially for colored hair will make sure that your hair stays colored for a long time.
- Do you have dry hair?
If you feel that you have dry hair, then opt for a shampoo that hydrates and strengthens your hair. Such shampoos often make sure that your scalp doesn’t stay dry for too long. You might choose to go for smooth shampoo with high keratin as they provide great results.
- Do you have curly hair?
If you have curly hair, choose a shampoo that strengthens your curls. These kinds of shampoo are tailor-made for curly hair. It helps reduce the frizz from the hair and deeply nourishes the scalps.
- Do you have thin hair?
If you feel that you have thin hair, then opt for volumizing shampoos. They help add the extra weight to your hair, making them look bouncy. Thin hair usually means weak scalps. Volumizing shampoos make your hair stronger and nourish the scalp.
- Don’t change your shampoo often
Yes, do not change your shampoo frequently.
Once you have found a good shampoo, then stick to it without experimenting too much.