Today with the advent of increasing restaurants and food joints, our eating habits have turned into the Hogging Trend. Binge eating is a disorder in the eating habit wherein a person feels extremely compelled to overeat on a daily basis. There are people who Binge eat every day, consuming food in large quantities in a very short period. And this is true even when they are not really hungry! The people who Binge eat cannot control their eating. And it is one of the serious problems as it can pave the way for various other diseases if continued.
Binge eating can do a lot of mess to your body. The after effects of Binge eating are worth knowing! Knowing them might also help to overcome the compulsion of eating excessively. Here, we go!
Harmful effects of binge eating
- Once the binge eating is cultivated as a habit, it is very hard to overcome it and this will make the blood sugar levels increase resulting in food cravings. So, though you are not really very hungry you would consume excessively.
- Even when you are not hungry, false messages are sent to your brain due to an immediate rise in sugar levels.
- If a person binges excessively, it can also impact the mental health. Fear of being embarrassed or laughed upon can bring your self-confidence down.
- Low self-esteem and unhappiness follow people who binge eat and feel ashamed to do so. They binge eat in private.
- Binge eating causes unhealthy weight gain which will eventually convert to obesity. The unnecessary fat might also lead to disturbance in the blood circulation.
- You may go into depression and face various anxiety problems. People who binge eat get really anxious about smallest of the things and thus they end up overreacting!
- Binge eating might lead to Diabetes as the sugar levels in the bloodstream is increased dramatically.
- There are instances where people who binge eat have developed osteoarthritis which is a disorder causing swelling and pain in joints.
- Studies also reveal that excessive binge eating causes bowel cancer and breast cancer.
- High blood pressure would be developed increasing the risk of heart diseases like stroke or coronary cardio disease.
- Binge eating might gradually turn into another eating disorder called bulimia wherein the person after binge eating attempts to puke all the food by vomiting or by consuming laxatives.
- The perfect body which was obtained by rigorous gym training is found to be spoilt in just a few days. Irregular and improper body shape may be developed because of excessive unhealthy fat.
And the list goes on! Thus, if you feel you might be binge eating, please seek help immediately. Ignoring the problem would only worsen it. Who would want to develop deadly diseases like cancer just because they over eat? So, before binge eating, think of all the impacts of and don’t forget to consult your doctor.